City of Los Angeles
High School Math Proficiency Exam
1. Johnny has an AK 47 with a 30-round clip. If he misses 6 out of 10 shots and shoots 13 times at each drive-by
shooting, how many drive-by's can he attempt before he has to reload?
2. Jose has 2 ounces of cocaine and he sells and 8-ball to Jackson for $320 and 2 grams to Billy for $85 per
gram. What is the street value of the balance of the cocaine if he doesn't cut it?
3. Rufus is pimping three girls. If the price is $65 for each trick, how many tricks will each girl have to
turn before Rufus can pay for his $800 per day crack habit?
4. Jerome wants to cut his 1/2 pound of heroin to make 20% more profit. How many ounces of cut will he need?
5. Willie gets $200 for stealing a BMW, $50 for a Chevy and $100 for a 4 x 4. If he has stolen 2 BMW's and 3
4x4's, how many Chevy's will he need to steal to make $800?
6. Raoul is in prison for 6 years for murder. He got $10,000 for the hit If his common-law wife is spending
$100 per month, how much money will be left when he gets out of prison and how many more years will he get for
killing her when she stole his money?
7. If the average spray can covers 22 square feet and the average letter is three feet square, how many letters
can a tagger spray with three cans of paint?
8. Hector knocked up 6 girls in his gang. There are 27 girls in his gang What is the percentage he has scored with?